Cedar Rapids Home Staging
Cedar Rapids home staging is the act of preparing a house or condominium for sale. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the greatest number of potential buyers, enabling it to sell more quickly and for more money.
Urbana entrepreneur Kim Hotchkiss, whose clients include builders, homeowners, and Realtors, said, “Staging a home for a realtor means selling a house faster means happy customers, more referrals, repeat business, and of course more commissions.”
Hotchkiss is an accredited staging professional and member of the International Association of Home Staging Professionals. “I have enough inventory for about eight houses,” Hotchkiss said. “There’s a rule in home staging that the furniture and decor are non-specific. You want to broaden the spectrum and appeal to as many different buyers as you can.”
If you are preparing to sell your house, besides finding a realtor, the primary task is preparing the house for sale. Experts agree that home staging gets a house sold faster, and the seller receives a higher price.
Cedar Rapids Home Staging
Carolyn Muse Grant, says there are two primary uses for home staging:
- Before any home is put on the market, home staging is essential. While most of us love our homes and all of our things we have acquired over the years, chances are we have too much stuff, and, let’s face it, it’s our home, and we live in it the way we want to. Well, people looking to buy that house may not want to live in it as you do, and they need the house to look like it would be one they could live in comfortably.
- An empty house may be a problem for an agent and seller. When potential homebuyers see a vacant house, they are sometimes at a loss as to what they would do with it. What kind of furniture? What would I do with this room? Would this work? A million questions. So she works with the agent to give potential buyers an idea of what the house would look like. She has furniture and accessories available to use for that purpose.
Eight recommendations for Cedar Rapids Home Staging
- Emphasize Curb Appeal. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken to the dump or raked, plants trimmed. Siding and windows washed.
- Freshly paint the front door. This is the welcome mat to your home. Make sure the doorbell and porch light work.
- Remove your stuff. You want potential home buyers to think it’s “their” house from the time they walk in the door. Help them imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in their new home.”
- Make sure the house is clean. Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale.
- Paint! Remove the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. If you have room for al fresco dining, set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining outside, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Make the rooms look bigger. Removing furniture makes the rooms look bigger.
- Use furniture to emphasize the purpose of the room
We will send you FREE information about How to Sell Your House Fast.
is here to help homeowners out of any distressed situation. As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal. However, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. We offer you the simple truth about your home and how we pay cash for houses Cedar Rapids.
Harmony Property Solutions, LLC, is part of a nationwide group of thousands of investors who are helping tens of thousands of homeowners every year. We may not be the “traditional” route, but we CAN help, and we can do it quickly!
Give us a call today at 319-343-6773 to let us know how we can help you.
Photo by Francesca Tosolini on Unsplash